Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wacky Week!

There was too much going on this week to do individual posts for each event, so instead here is the highlights of my week...

Monday : I went to Poetry Slam with my best friend Karina 
and new friends Chris and Annelis!

Tuesday : I took a much needed night in and went to bed early...
Wednesday : I met up with my friend Shev for a 
much needed coffee catchup and then went home and made
gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches with my man!

We used :
roasted garlic and cheese bread
diced onion and tomatoes
 Tillamook Cheddar cheese
 And a Happy Plant combination 
of their Tuscan sunrise tomato soup
and their red pepper, paprika and cayenne sauce! 
(with grated cheese too! )
We have started having cooking date nights 
every Wednesday! Last week we made fresh ravioli and went 
and saw "Psycho" on the big screen! 
Thursday : I met my Great Uncle Al for the first time in my life!
The occasion was his 81st birthday, and we all met at his daughters pub 
(who I also had not met before), and threw him a surprise party!
I was really nervous before we got there because 
I knew that I wasn't going to know a lot of the people there, 
and I also hate answering that age old question "And what do you do?",
but really the evening couldn't have gone better. 
There were so many people there who had not met before, 
that every one essentially was new to each other.
(Featured Above : My Nana Lynn, Auntie Barb, and Uncle Al)
I really got to see were my mothers humor comes from, 
and it was really nice to see all the similarities and patterns through 
the generations of family members.
I feel like I gained a whole new family this week!
Friday :  I had another coffee catch-up date with Keirstin,
and then proceeded to get loose with my man and loved ones, 
at my friends Vanessa's birthday party.
I love this girl alot :)
And I love this guy a lot too :)
Then Saturday : I went to my folks for an early Robbie Burns day dinner!
There was Haggis... (which I didn't partake in...)
There was drinking... (which I DID partake in..)
Funny hats...
Tartans...
 And Kilts!
I also got to finish my first knitting project which is a collar for my sister!

I'm very proud!

And well today Sunday : I started my UK trip scrapbook (which consists of over 277 photos!),
went for brunch at the Templeton (50's diner downtown with amazing veggie poutine),
went clothing and book shopping with my man,
took in a couple of Charlie Chaplin films on the big screen by myself ("Payday" and "Gold Rush"),
and went to Value Village for some costume pieces 
for my Circus themed birthday that is coming up on Feb 12th!

All in all a absolutely delightful week and end to a weekend! 
Hope you all had a lovely one too!

-Love Nymph
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo etc...

2 comments:

  1. YUM for your week :) How fun! a circus themed party.. I want to hear all the details. :)

    ReplyDelete