Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Little Presents

As much as I pampered myself last night, my uterus still hated me this morning...
But since I still had to work at 8 am this morning I dragged myself out of bed, put on my new gold dress, and sparkles on my eyelids, and headed the two blocks to work.

The morning however was nice and calm, even though the weather was unpredictable like always...
I finished my daily sudoku, read a bit of "Water for Elephants" (which is an amazing novel!), and made jokes with my lovely coworkers.The morning was only made better by my lovely manager buying us all teas and coffees from my lovers work, and delivering it with his most loveliest of smiles. I really love him, and I am going to be really sad to see him leave us in a couple of weeks, and even cried when he told me the news. He's like a second father to me, and I can ask/tell him anything, which is really a great pleasure to have in a boss. I only hope that the person who replaces him, is a quarter of the love that he expels, because no one can really replace him fully.

The day continued with no other big events, except for one of my favorite regulars coming in a buying me some of my favorite coconut macaroons, just out of the goodness of his heart. He is also the same customer who bought me and my man a bottle of wine for Christmas, and has joked often about being invited to our wedding in the future. I really adore my customers, because there is really nothing better than having a good relationship with the people that you see on a day to day basis, they make me happy.

After work came my favorite part of the day, as I headed to Bump and Grind for a knitting date with two of my best friends and ended up having another two of my friends randomly come in and join us.
Equipped with large mugs full of tea, and knitting projects, we sat content for hours, gossiping and crafting away the afternoon.

I learned how to purl! So now I can start learning how to read an actual pattern, and start some real knitting projects, as so far I have just fooled around with yarn and learned a dishcloth pattern from my mom's memory.

When it came about supper time, it was my time to return the lovely gestures I was shown this morning, and I heated up the rest of my pasta from last night (which was like two big Tupperware containers worth), and served it with fresh cilantro and goat cheese for my ladies and man to enjoy. It was a lovely treat after hours of idle hands :)
We are thinking about starting our own weekly stitch and bitch, which I have wanted to do for quite some time now, because I have so many lovely, crafty friends and love getting together and helping each other with our passions!

I started working on some straight purling, that I am going to use in some way for yarn bombing (as I only have a tiny ball of this awesome sparkly red wool). Not really sure how the whole bombing thing works, but I am assuming there are no restrictions on how things are supposed to look :P
After my little friend date, I came home to find my house in a little bit of disarray, as my roommate is moving out today and the lovely lady that has been sleeping on our couch for the last month and a bit is moving into his room. So that in conjunction with us moving around furniture and trying to find the right home for things as of lately, has caused our home a little bit of discombobulation... but its going to be beautiful in the end, I know it :)

My lovely roommate Terri was heading off to work soon, and since I was having the craving to create, I made Oatmeal, chocolate chip, and raisin cookies from scratch, and sent her off with a couple for work, and enjoyed sharing some with my Nate when he came by for kisses. I love baking, and I love that look on others faces when you make something out of love for them. Its all about the small gestures that resound so deeply in the hearts of others which matter :)
Did you receive any random acts of kindness today?
Did you share anything with others?

Hope you had a wonderful day lovely readers!

Love Nymph <3

1 comment:

  1. hi there! I couldn't find your e-mail anywhere, but I'd love to exchange postcards! my e-mail address is sforst1@students.towson.edu- e-mail me so we can exchange addresses! yay, mail!

    ReplyDelete