Saturday, November 3, 2012

For Simplicities Sake

I think it is wise, to be able to gather up all your worldly possessions into your favorite quilt,
tie it to a discarded branch, and travel onward.
I wish I had that freedom.
That drive.
That sort of passion filled romance for the unknowns, and just around the corners that life provides.

Don't get me wrong,
I love the simplicities of life, probably a trillion times more than the person next to you,
but I have a lot of the fear that goes along with making that jump.

Therefore I am taking this year ahead of me as a year to work on my goals, and those pesky fears,
and hopefully come out at the end of the year, with a bunch of those "I can't"s and "but"s wrangled under my belt and have them only fuel my fire for more adventures. 

Then after this year of degree achieving, license grabbing, sky jumping, "Britt" building exercises,
maybe I can make the plunge into the "real world" and go and grab some of that life for myself.

My Goals For This Year Ahead Include :

SKYDIVING 
ATTENDING BURNING MAN
OBTAINING MY DRIVERS LICENSE
FINISHING THE SUN RUN
COMPLETING A DUMMY BOOK FOR PUBLISHING A PICTURE BOOK
HIKING THE GROUSE GRIND
COMPLETING MY DEGREE
OBTAINING MY UK PASSPORT

 Even though some of those goals are a little on the larger side, I see them all as completely achievable in the next year.

After that... Ive decided not to make any real plans just yet and see what comes up for me... possibly WOOFing, definitely living somewhere else for a while, maybe seeing St. Basil's Cathedral.... who knows... and that's the best part about it :)



1 comment:

  1. hi my sister meghan hikes the grouse grind all the time please go with her this spring/summer. she usually goes by herself and she would really help you to accomplish your goal :)

    ReplyDelete